Are you trying to up your computer skills? We have tools to help! If you are trying to increase your computer skills, or learn additional software or operating systems, we have more than books! For basic computer or internet skills, or increasing your level of expertise at Microsoft Office, look no further than our Learning Express Library or Job and Career Accelerator databases from the Michigan eLibrary, located under the Online Resources link on the library web page.
After you have created an account by clicking on New Users, you can go to the left navigation bar to where you see Computer and Internet Basics. This will take you to tutorials on
Getting Started With the Internet
Introduction to the Internet
- Internet Basics 1: What is the Internet?
- Internet Basics 2: Surfing the Internet
- Internet Basics 3: The Internet as a Search Tool
Email and Chat
- Internet Basics 4: Using One-on-One Communications
- Internet Basics 5: Email Etiquette
- Social Networks and Online Communities
- Internet Basics 6: Branching Out Using the Internet
- Internet Basics 7: Understanding Social Networking
Web Applications and Internet Security
- Internet Basics 8: Using Web Tools
- Internet Basics 9: Protecting Yourself Online