Members must be at least 18 years old and a resident or paying non-resident to check out a Hotspot. The Hotspots checkout for 2 weeks and cannot be reserved or renewed. Overdue fine are $1.00 per day. Hotspots are deactivated if not returned by the due date.
1. Check the Sprint Service Map for coverage where you plan to use the Hotspot. Service may not be available in all areas.
2. To turn the Hotspot on, press and hold the Power Button on the front of the device for 2-3 seconds.
3. Open the Wi-Fi application or settings on your Wi-Fi enabled device that you want to connect to the Hotspot.
4. Find the Hotspot’s Wi-Fi name (SSID) and enter the password to connect to the Internet.
Notes: The Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password appear on the front of the Hotspot and on the Hotspot LCD display.
The Hotspot has a series of screens that let you view device information and system alerts.
Press the Power Button (Navigation Key) to cycle through the following information:
Signal Strength/Battery Status, Wi-Fi Name, Wi-Fi Password, Settings, Admin Password, Data Usage
• Internet access is filtered for compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act.
• Loss or damage to any portion of the Hotspot kit is subject to a charge for replacement.
Kit Includes: protective case with shock absorbing insert, carabiner, charging cord, instructions, and Hotspot device. All pieces must be present at time of return for the Hotspot to be checked in.