The Parking Lot is Done!
All in all, this project went very well and we were able to do everything that needed to be done without closing the library!
A big “THANK YOU” is extended to all library patrons who tolerated the inconveniences during this project. We hope you will agree that it was worth it because:
1. We now have a wonderful, safe, well constructed, ADA compliant library parking lot with optimal traffic flow within the constraints of city fire codes, accommodating existing structures and land boundaries, and meeting the parking space needs for our busy library.
2. The new library parking lot has the following special features:
• Handicapped Parking Spots (6) all located close to the front of the library building on the northwest side of the front lot, with gradually sloping sidewalk and larger adjacent spaces for easier in/out access – especially wheelchair or motorized cart friendly.
• Drop Off (Five-Minute Only) Parking Spots (3) immediately in front of the library building for patron convenience.
• Better traffic flow with painted sections on parking lot surface and other directional signage.
• Large “Book Drop” sign (to be mounted soon above the concrete wall at the south end of building).
• Relocation of our outdoor storage shed; recycle receptacle and waste bin to a concrete slab at the north end of our back parking lot with reinforced sections for heavy trucks.
• Painted designated loading/receiving area at back door of library.